Thursday, May 19, 2022

Art Mural

Students in room 17 have worked collaboratively to create a mural together. Students focused on making artistic decisions as a group, working to take turns, listening to each other's ideas, and making one cohesive painting.





I can statements:


I can make small group and/or large group murals.


I can work primarily with tempera paint or tempera paint with additives, using large brushes to paint.


I can show animals and plants can be represented in terms of their proportions.





Art Reflection Questions - Students were asked to reflect on their experience and here as some of their ideas.


What went well in your group?

Talking to one another because we tell each other what we are doing. S.E.


The outlines in pencil. A.D.


Drawing was good because we were doing well. D.B.


The human looked good. S.E.


We didn’t fight. N.S.


How did you contribute to the group mural?

By helping make the color lighter. D.K.


I painted the grass and other things. K.R.


I was the planner of the painting. K.M.


I did some painting and drew a deer. M.C.


What is one thing you would do differently next time?

Houses because there was too much of them and we didn’t even get to paint the houses. E.C.


Next time I would add fish to the pond and a bridge over it. L.S.


I would add more detail. D.K.


Next time I will do a rainbow. S.E.


I would do houses next time. L.R.


I would do more birds because I want to color them. N.S.


The finished murals.




This art project was challenging for students in that they were working in a group and had to come to group consensus.  In the end all three of the murals turned out well.  You can ask your child about this project if you want to hear more.

Have a great long weekend,

Mrs. Coulling